Congrats on doing the Boston Marathon!! That is pretty cool! I don't think that I will ever get to the point to run a marathon, but running is a great hobby. On the bottom of my playlist there is a link that says create your own playlist. Click on that and it will take you to the site. It's free, you just sign up and create your own list. Then you can add it to your page elements under the HTML/Java script choice. It gives you directions on how to do that on the playlist site. Good luck!
Thanks Meg! Will experiment with the playlist this weekend during my days off. It'll be cool to have my blog have a soundtrack, something related to running...like "Chariots of Fire," or "Born to Run," or maybe even the "Rocky" theme.
Howdy Charlie! You'll have a great and memorable adventure during your Boston trip next year...just don't experiment with feasting on a wide assortment of foods like I did! I have to admit, my very first bowl of New England Clam Chowder was a real treat and was almost worth the following day's visit to the porta-pottys.
Thanks Meg for the great playlist idea. You too Bruce. I played with it last night, and got it working. Now I just have to think of some good songs (running related).
Great photos Bruce! You look pretty good at the finish considering what you went through during the race! I am more convinced than ever, that if you could run Boston again, you would achieve your PR. But I realize the trip is expensive, but never say never; you never know!!
Howdy Joanne! Gosh you're quick having the playlist already working...I hope to have some time this weekend to play with it. I'll be visiting your blog regularly as to "steal" your ideas of running related songs!!
Running the Boston Marathon had accomplished a long term goal that I set for myself several years ago. I'll need a different and more challenging goal to keep me motivated, I need something cheap and close to home, maybe an ultra race of 50k or 50 miles. I still have plenty of time to set goals once my marathon recovery is finished.
LOL, I was thinking I would do the same thing, as I am drawing a blank when it comes to names of running songs. LOL I was the worst at name that tune during school:)
But between the two of us we're sure to figure out some great songs!!
I finished the 2008 Boston Marathon!!
22:32 February 2007. Third Annual President's Day.
46:46 November 2007. 27th Annual Turkey Trot.
1:49:27 April 2007. Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
Marathon: 3:44:58 (BQ) December 2007. New Las Vegas Marathon.
7 comments:
Congrats on doing the Boston Marathon!! That is pretty cool! I don't think that I will ever get to the point to run a marathon, but running is a great hobby. On the bottom of my playlist there is a link that says create your own playlist. Click on that and it will take you to the site. It's free, you just sign up and create your own list. Then you can add it to your page elements under the HTML/Java script choice. It gives you directions on how to do that on the playlist site. Good luck!
Congratulations Bruce on your Boston finish!
Must have been an awesome experience. Hope to experience it for myself next year.
Great pictures!
Charlie
Thanks Meg! Will experiment with the playlist this weekend during my days off. It'll be cool to have my blog have a soundtrack, something related to running...like "Chariots of Fire," or "Born to Run," or maybe even the "Rocky" theme.
Howdy Charlie! You'll have a great and memorable adventure during your Boston trip next year...just don't experiment with feasting on a wide assortment of foods like I did! I have to admit, my very first bowl of New England Clam Chowder was a real treat and was almost worth the following day's visit to the porta-pottys.
Hi Bruce,
Thanks Meg for the great playlist idea. You too Bruce. I played with it last night, and got it working. Now I just have to think of some good songs (running related).
Great photos Bruce! You look pretty good at the finish considering what you went through during the race! I am more convinced than ever, that if you could run Boston again, you would achieve your PR. But I realize the trip is expensive, but never say never; you never know!!
Joanne
Howdy Joanne! Gosh you're quick having the playlist already working...I hope to have some time this weekend to play with it. I'll be visiting your blog regularly as to "steal" your ideas of running related songs!!
Running the Boston Marathon had accomplished a long term goal that I set for myself several years ago. I'll need a different and more challenging goal to keep me motivated, I need something cheap and close to home, maybe an ultra race of 50k or 50 miles. I still have plenty of time to set goals once my marathon recovery is finished.
LOL, I was thinking I would do the same thing, as I am drawing a blank when it comes to names of running songs. LOL I was the worst at name that tune during school:)
But between the two of us we're sure to figure out some great songs!!
Post a Comment