Busy and hectic morning due to a 10:00 a.m. dental appointment, which is another follow-up to check my new jaw. Everything appears fine, the infection is gone, and the new bone had been drafted with no problems. Therefore, the only lasting effect of the infection is my whopping dental bill!
Fortunately, the block next door to the dental office is "Andre Agassi 24hr Sport" where I can squeeze in my workout.
5 miles in 47 minutes. Precor Treadmill set at 1% Grade, all at 6.4 mph (Pace 9:22 miles) Average heartrate: 151 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 158 bpm. Shoes: Nike Air Structure, 454 miles. Need to find replacement shoes soon. Left ankle is a tad sore, but nothing serious. Heart rate a little higher than I wish, no doubt not fully recovered from the marathon.
I'm following the postmarathon recovery schedule that's from "Advanced Marathoning" by Pete Pfitzinger and Scott Douglas. Last week's recovery miles were only 16 miles total, which was Wednesday 4 miles, Friday 5 miles, and Sunday 7 miles. This week training will eventually be a total of 30 miles.
Cab business is very slow this week due to no major conventions and few vacationers during the holidays. I'll have plenty of time reading in my cab the huge book, "Bowerman and the Men of Oregon," by Kenny Moore.
I'm striving to learn something new with blogger beta daily. Today I learned the "feeds" feature where I can check and see any new postings in all the blogs I read quickly...should shave some time off my mornings.
Need to micowave a Lean Pocket before I leave on my 12-hour shift. See ya tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment