Daily Quote: "People who cannot find some time for recreation are obliged sooner or later to find time for illness." --John Wanamaker
Tiger asked the question about New Year's Resolutions on my favorite running site, about.com's running/jogging site: http://running.about.com/ The following is my response.
My resolutions tend to be goals rather than something general like "lose weight" or "get more exercise." 2006 was such a great year for me as I surpassed all my goals with gusto! Dare I strive to achieve higher goals for 2007? YUP!!! Also, February 7th is my 55th birthday, which puts me in a brand new age group (sometimes called the "Fossil Group").
5k Goal: My personal record is 22:49 that was set last year at the "Runnin' for the House 5k" My 2007 goal for the 5k is to get UNDER 22:00!
10k Goal: My personal record is 49:52, which was accomplished a long time ago, during the Northern Exposure 10k in 2002. Beating that personal record is definitely doable, unfortunately 10k races are very rare in Vegas and may have to travel to race one.
Half-Marathon Goal: My personal record is 1:49:57, which was also a record set last year during the 13th Annual Great Salt Lake Half-Marathon. I'll be running the Salt Lake City Half Marathon in April, which is a tougher, hillier, course than the GSL, but with good training I will beat that PR!
Marathon Goal: Almost needless to say, just set a personal record of 3:45:27 this month at the "New Las Vegas Marathon," which also had me qualify for my first Boston Marathon! Since I surpassed this personal record beyond my wildest dreams it seems most daunting to surpass this personal record in 2007. Nevertheless, this marathon personal record was accomplished with 30+ mph headwinds, and with better weather conditions I should/will beat this personal record at the next New Las Vegas Marathon. I feel very cocky!!
Weight Goal: I will reach 160 pounds (on a six foot frame) and maintain that goal weight. I was 168 pounds during the New Las Vegas Marathon, but have climbed to 173 pounds during this holiday feasting. This week I'll start eating better, smaller portions of healthier foods, 5-6 small meals a day. I won't be doing anything drastic, maybe lose one pound per week until I reach 160 pounds. Hard to imagine I once was 249 pounds, I should never forget how far I've come and to continue being healthier and fitter for the rest of my life. END OF MY QUOTE.
Today's training:
6 miles Time, :59 minutes. Easy Run. Sunny, 54 degrees, VERY windy, 20 mph winds with 25 mph gusts. No Heart Rate Monitor, nor Garmin as I continue to run stress free without competing against myself using my favorite gadgets. I was able to maintain easy effort through the tough winds, but my overall time is slower than normal, which I obviously attribute to the winds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment