Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

Pfitz's postmarathon schedule calls for a "rest day" today, but I was full of piss and vinegar, couldn't help going out for a crisp morning run; besides, I could lose a few more holiday calories.

6 Miles Time, :53 minutes. Easy Run. Beautiful Day! 52 degees, partly cloudy with only 3mph winds. Out & back on Torrey Pines Road (traversing "New Las Vegas Marathon's" 15-17 mile markers) No Polar Heart Rate Monitor nor Garmin GPS as I wanted to run at a relaxing pace with no emphasis on pace.

Great Christmas Eve dinner at Glenn and Mary's home with a big family gathering and several good friends. This year we had a gift exchange where we knew who was our "pick" a month ago. My wife's niece, Tanya, had picked me and my gift is a year's subscription to "Runner's World Magazine!!!" How did she know:) Actally, I'm now known here as "the runner," while in Michigan I'm still known as "THE chessmaster." How we tend to grow in different directions. As usual, I ate wayyy too much, and discovered a new eating addiction...different flavored chocolate kisses, with candy stick kisses and cherry cordial kisses being my favorite.

I hope everyone had a GREAT Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Scooter said...

Bruce,
I hope you had a great Christmas! Congrats again on making Boston. Be well!
Wayne

Tall Girl Running said...

Bruce,

I got a subscription to Runner's World also for Christmas and I'm stoked! We runners are a unique breed. ;-)

Anige