Daily Quote: "You've got to try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky and not even know it." --Jimmy Dean
Today I planned intervals down Lindell Road for the first time since the marathon. Opened the screen door and it almost blew off the hinges! Went back inside to check the weather on the computer, which said the following: "Windy. Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. North wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph." Running intervals would be tough enough without the 45 mph GUSTS, besides, it can't be too healthy sucking in the dirt, dust, pollen, pollution, etc. I could just be rationalizing as I really didn't want to face the wind again. Instead of running on the roads, decided to visit my local 24-Hr Fitness Club and jump on the treadmill for intervals.
8 miles. Time, 1:10. Speedwork. Life Fitness treadmill set at 1% Grade. Warmup: 2 miles @ 6.4 mph. Intervals, 3 X 1 Mile @ 7.5 mph (7.5 mph = 8.0 minute mile pace, which will be my half-marathon pace) Rest Intervals: 1/2 mile @ 6.4 mph. Cooldown: 2 miles @ 6.4 mph. Average Heart Rate: 159 bpm, Cardiac Drift during intervals: 175 bpm. Tough run, my mind AND body was complaining, which is to be expected since I haven't ran hard since December 10th.
My game plan is to ADD one mile at 8.0 minute pace (half-marathon pace) every week until I reach eight intervals. Once that is accomplished, I'll start reducing the rest intervals to maybe 90 seconds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment