Thursday, December 21, 2006

New Shoes!

Today is another rest day. It feels like I've had more rest days these last two weeks than I did from the previous six months!

Went Christmas shopping at the Premium Outlet Stores, but ended up buying presents for myself! Yup, I'm in the Christmas Spirit all right. Visited the Nike Town and bought "Nike Air Kantara II," which normally sells for $120.00, but I bought them for $79.00 The shoes are heavy-duty motion control with plenty of cushioning, perfect for those concrete/asphalt road training runs. Just had to buy more Gizmo socks too. Also bought a white CoolMax running cap that has "26.2" emblazoned on the front. Stopped at Border Books and purchased "5k & 10k Training" by Brian Clarke as I'll be racing 5k's once my postmarthon recovery is complete. I did eventually buy my wife a Christmas card. (Wink-Wink..I finished purchasing her gifts last week).

Joy is only known in this moment--now!

So feel the flow of your dance

And how you are not running

For some future reward;

The real reward is now!

--Fred Rohe' "The Zen of Running"

2 comments:

K said...

You need to update your "About Me" section -- you crushed your goal of running the Las Vegas marathon in under 4 hours!

robison52 said...

Howdy k! Just fixed it to say, "Have qualified for the 2008 Boston Marathon!" Thanks for the heads up!!