Daily Quote: "Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble." --John Treacy, on the four principles of racing.
I finally visited my favorite cycling shop, Peloton Sports, and bought myself a cycling short. They have many brands and types of cycling shorts, but finally decided on the most cushioned and breathable shorts for my stationary cycling workouts. The winner short is: "Trek Circuit Short" that has 8 panel construction and the best molded chamois. Trek shorts are not cheap, they cost $99.99, and with tax comes to a whopping total of $107.74, which is the most I've ever spent on one item of exercise clothes. The shorts are worth every penny as I was very comfortable cycling today at the gym!!
Today's workout:
Warm up: Elliptical machine for 10 minutes. Weight Circuit Training (upper and lower body) for 30 minutes. Switched to free weights for the bicep and tricep exercises, takes a little getting used to the balancing of the weights correctly, but I did o.k.
Cross training: Life Fitness Cycle. Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, alternate resistance between PE level of 4 (Level 4 is Hard. Noticeable increase in breathing; difficult to talk in full sentences.) for 1 minutes with 4 minutes of fast spinning at a PE level of 1 (Level 1 is Easy. No increase in breathing rate; can go all day.) Repeat this six times. Finish with 5 minutes easy as a cool-down. Exact same workout as last Sunday, but effort felt a little easier and covered a tad more distance during the time frame, also the new shorts made my cycling pain free. I'll need to up the cycle's resistance a little for Thursday's stationary cycle workout.
Tomorrow is my scheduled Long Run of 15 miles and look forward to running. Nice thing about the FIRST Training Program is that I'm not getting burned out with the running...the only question is whether I'm losing endurance fitness with running only three times a week?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Bruce, Bruce, Bruce..... I am very worried about you. :)
Howdy Easy Runner! Yup, be worried, be veryyyy worriedddd! :)
Post a Comment