Daily Quote: "Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." --Oprah Winfrey
Today is back-to-back workouts, a weight circuit training workout and a upright stationary cycle cardio workout.
10:30 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Lifted weight primarily on the circuit machines, with the exception of my biceps and triceps, which I worked with dumbbells. I plan on using barbells for my shoulders this Thursday, which will be different than the machine as I'll be utilizing more stabilizer muscles.
I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode 3, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07.
Life Fitness Cycle: Total time 45 minutes. WORKOUT: 5 minutes easy as a warm-up; increased cadence to 100+ rpm and maintain that cadence for 30 minutes (because of the faster cadence, the effort level will be 3 on the perceived effort scale) Note: Effort Level 3 is Moderate to Hard with a noticeable increase in breathing. Followed by 10 minutes of easy running after as a cool-down.
This is my first training session with Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode 3, and find it funny how wobbly and different my legs feel when I run that easy 10 minute cool-down...I understand now why training "bricks" are important in triathlon training.
I had a strong effort in training today and curious if this vigorous cross-training will affect my 17-miler tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment