Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weights AND Cross-Training

Daily Quote: Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.
-- T. Alan Armstrong

Today I'll try something different in my training, I'll be attempting to do my weight circuit training AND my cross-training back-to-back nonstop.

Warm up: Elliptical machine for 10 minutes. Weight Circuit Training (upper and lower body) for 30 minutes.

Cross training: Life Fitness Cycle. Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, alternate resistance between PE level of 4 (Level 4 is Hard. Noticeable increase in breathing; difficult to talk in full sentences.) for 1 minutes with 4 minutes of fast spinning at a PE level of 1 (Level 1 is Easy. No increase in breathing rate; can go all day.) Repeat this six times. Finish with 5 minutes easy as a cool-down. The cross training was particularly vigorous after doing weights before hand, I was exhausted and took a long afternoon nap before the Bishop Gorman Bowling League tonight.

Bishop Bowling League. Our team, One Wonders, won 2 Games (Won one game and took the other game of total points) tonight against a team that's very competitive...too competitive! I had picked up a strike that I thought I had missed, but one of the pins slowly knocked down the standing pin before the pin-setting machine picked it up. The challenging team, that shall remain nameless, must not have seen the pin being knocked down and accused us of being cheaters!! My wife was so upset with the incident that she wanted to forfeit the next game, myself, I wanted to beat them badly. The rest of the games were uncomfortable as they gave us angry stares. Glenn registered a complaint about poor-sportsmanship with the league captain, but doubt that the team will change its aggressive behaviour. We bowl primarily for fun and exercise, if it isn't fun, what's the point?

No comments: