Friday, January 18, 2008

Chess Genius Bobby Fischer Dies


Daily Quote: ""Your body has to be in top condition. Your chess deteriorates as your body does. You can't separate body from mind." -- Bobby Fischer


I was shocked to read that Bobby Fischer died today from a long illness! During the 1960's I would study every Fischer game published, every commentary, every morsel of gossip, he was for me bigger than life...therefore it's still difficult for me to believe he's now dead. Bobby, may you rest in peace.

Today is an interval workout as scheduled in the book "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster":

10:15 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Warmup: 2 miles @ 6.0 mph (10 minute miles). Intervals: 1200m @ 5:10, 1000m @ 4:16, 800m @ 3:23, 600m @ 1:39 (all with 200m recovery interval @6.0 mph. Cool-down: 1 mile @ 6.0 mph. Cardiac Drift: 180 bpm. Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm. Tough workout!! I did get a small rash under my right arm, but nothing serious...otherwise no aches nor pain. I'm happy to say that I have been training the FIRST Training Program exactly!

No comments: