Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 3

Daily Quote: "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." --Liane Cardes, Author

Yesterday was a Rest Day and Suzie and I practiced bowling at the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino's lanes. We bowled two games each and I did quite well, scoring a 163 and 175.

Today is back-to-back workouts, weight circuit training and cardio, which is upright stationary cycle.

9:00 a.m. Warm-up, 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Lifted weight primarily on the circuit machines, with the exception of my biceps and triceps, which I worked with dumbbells. I used barbells for my shoulders again today, and my form was much better and will increase the weights next time.

I quickly followed the weight circuit training with the Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 3, as written in the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," pg 106-07. This will be the first time since last year that I used the rower.

Stationary cycling and rowing (50 minutes) Workout: 5 minutes easy spinning, then alternated 5 minutes hard/fast rowing and 5 minutes easy but fast spinning (more than 100 rpm). Repeated this row bike sequence four times, and finished with 5 minutes spinning as a cooldown. It was very tough to do the rowing machine after the weight circuit training as my upper body is already significantly fatigue. Next time when I do Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 3, it'll be on a day that I don't lift weights.

No bowling tonight on the Bishop Gorman League as the Gold Coast will be having a military bowling tournament.

No comments: