Daily Quote: "If I faltered, there would be no arms to hold me, and the world would be a cold and forbidding place. --Sir Roger Bannister
Today's workout is a Tempo Run as scheduled in "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" book.
9:15 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. 7 miles total. Time, 1:00. Warm-up, 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile). Tempo, 5 miles at 7.4 mph (8:06 minute mile pace). Cool-down, 1 mile at 6.0 mph. Average heart rate: 167 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 177 bpm. Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm. This week's Tempo Run was faster than last week's Tempo Run of 5 miles at 7.2 mph and I felt stronger than last week with no aches nor pain. The Tempo Runs are my favorite speed work out of the three quality runs (intervals, tempo, and long run) from the FIRST Training Program.
14 Weeks Until Boston Report, January 7-13, 2008
Finished second week of my Boston Marathon training and ran a total of 27 miles. I'm still following the guidelines of "FIRST Training Program" as explained in "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" book.
I'm still 177 pounds on a six foot frame, very frustrating as I hoped to lose at least a pound last week. The stationary cycle doesn't burn as many calories as running and will have to place more emphasis on my diet...this coming week my goal is to slice 500 calories from my diet daily.
I've completed three weight circuit training sessions this week. I've been very consistent with my weight training, and starting to see some results...my abs are starting to show and my "guns" are definitely bigger.
I slept well this week and every night slept at least eight hours! The cut-back in mileage definitely help me with more time to sleep. My morning heart rates have remained low, 38-41 bpm.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Tempo Run, 7 miles.
Tuesday: Cross-training, stationary cycle, 45 minutes. Weight Circuit Training.
Wednesday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Thursday: Cross-training, stationary cycle, 45 minutes. Weight Circuit Training.
Friday: Intervals, 5 miles.
Saturday: Rest Day.
Sunday: Cross-training, stationary cycle, 60 minutes. Weight Circuit Training.
Total Weekly Mileage: 27 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment