Saturday, January 5, 2008

Complete Rest

Daily Quote: “People who ate the most animal-based foods got the most chronic disease … People who ate the most plant-based foods were the healthiest and tended to avoid chronic disease. These results could not be ignored,” --Dr. Campbell "The China Study."

My legs are still a bit sore from yesterday's vigorous interval work and decided I should take a complete rest today...no running, no cross-training, not even weight training. It's nice to be lazy and enjoy the day with my wife.

Suzie and I went to see Denzel Washington's latest movie, "The Great Debaters," the ending wasn't a big surprise, but we enjoyed the uplifting movie. It's difficult for me to keep an open mind in regards to race relations as I've been a cab driver for the last 18 years and have been robbed three times...all three times were by Afro-Americans. Most of my fellow cab drivers are prejudice, yet, I still have hope that love and understanding will conquer all and the world will be a better place. By the way, I also enjoyed the snacks too much, buttered popcorn, Skittles candy, and Diet Coke.

During the day had plenty of time to visit many blog sites and also discovered a new ultra running forum called, "Fried Quads," that has me hungering for the adventure of an ultra race!! One of the posts recommends a diet from the book, "The China Study," which is heavily based on plants, something I should read as my personal diet lately is a mess!

No comments: