Daily Quote: "Change the exercises you are using each month to keep mentally stimulated and to ensure that strength gains continue (runners can quickly plateau if they do the same exercises month after month)." --FIRST (Furman Institute of Running
& Scientific Training) website.
Early Morning, after work, 2:15 a.m. Warm-up: 10 minutes on rowing machine. Weight Circuit Training. Cool-down: 10 minutes on elliptical. I've been doing the same weight machines and routine since I've started weight lifting; I will follow the advice in the above daily quote and start replacing the weight machines with free weights. I'll gradually change my weight circuit training circuit as my body is adapting to a change in my running program as well.
Later Morning, after sleeping, 11:00 a.m. Today's cross-training workout is called, "Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 1," and trained exactly stated in the book, "Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster:"
Stationary cycling (45 Minutes)
Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, alternate resistance between PE level of 4 (Level 4 is Hard. Noticeable increase in breathing; difficult to talk in full sentences.) for 1 minutes with 4 minutes of fast spinning at a PE level of 1 (Level 1 is Easy. No increase in breathing rate; can go all day.) Repeat this six times. Finish with 5 minutes easy as a cool-down.
The stationary cycling workout sounds more difficult than it was, one minute at Level 4 was doable as it was very short...I was a little paranoid that my huffing was disturbing the cyclist training next to me as he was reading a newspaper!! After my workout ate a small lunch and took a short 30 minute nap before work.
Tomorrow is my first interval workout in the 16th week FIRST Training Schedule! I'm rather intimidated with the speed and one minute rest interval, but will strive to adhere to the workout guidelines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment