Daily Quote: "In Periodization, deliberate rest and recovery is planned, too. That's because your body actually consolidates the gains of your workouts during downtime, Hard workouts in particular must be followed by rest and easy "recovery" workouts. Technically, the body doesn't get stronger during a workout; it gets broken down. It is during rest when it repairs and rebuilds itself stronger." --Roy M. Wallack, from his excellent book, "Run for Life."
This week is a cut-back week therefore a shorter Hill Program, decided four miles would be appropriate. The treadmill's Hill Program challenges me with intervals of multiple hills and valleys with each hill becoming progressively more difficult.
8:30 a.m. 24 Hour Fitness Gym, Alta & Rainbow location. Life Fitness Treadmill, Hill Program, Level 5 (the highest hill will be at a 5% grade), speed set at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute miles) for 4 miles. Time, 38:04 minutes. Average heart rate, 156 bpm. Cardiac drift, 161 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) Drank 16 ounces of Cytomax during the run (the featured drink at this year's "2009 Rock n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon"). Shoes: New Balance 720.
No aches nor pain and my heart rate was well below the threshold zone. The time appeared to fly and didn't realize until the automatic treadmill cooldown that my workout was finished! Unusual for me to feel so refreshed after a hill program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hills are my kryptonite! I have been enjoying your blog. I just started writing my first blog chronicling my training for my first half marathon. If you'd like to check it out it's http://roadtowrightpatt.blogspot.com. I'd appreciate any feedback and I will continue to read your blog because I learn from other's stories of experience, strength and hope.
Sounds like you really nailed down the hill workout. Great job!
how viagra works viagra price viagra england 2007 viagra hmo how to get viagra viagra shelf life viagra free samples viagra free pills viagra and alcohol can viagra causes legs to ache 18 takes viagra cheap viagra tablets 18 takes viagra cheapest viagra in uk
Also what in that case it is necessary to do?
I have thought and have removed the message
I congratulate, what words..., a brilliant idea
Post a Comment