Daily Quote: "I've heard of Chi Running and the Pose Method, but they don't impress me very much because I think running is a very natural motion. We were born to run--it comes naturally. You can overstride and understride. But if you just leave your body alone, concentrate on moving quickly but effortlessly, then it will just figure out the right way to do it. I've tried to concentrate on being completely relaxed. That seemed to be the key. --Tom Osler. From the chapter called, "Tom Osler, The Historian," in Roy M. Wallack's book "Run for Life."
I finished the book "Chi Running" last week and somewhat agree with Tom Osler's above quote, but did find the book helpful when it came to hill running...my previous natural style of running hills was difficult and ineffective, undoubtedly because I don't run hills much in the Las Vegas valley.
Today my morning heart rate has returned to more normal 41 bpm and was able to complete my weeks' Medium Long Run. My morning heart rate was probably spiked on Thursday morning due to Wednesday's tough Long Run ran progressively for 17 miles. Here's how my morning heart rates were this week.
Monday: 41 bpm.
Tuesday: 39 bpm.
Wednesday: 40 bpm.
Thursday: 55 bpm.
Friday: 49 bpm.
Saturday 41 bpm.
I didn't set my alarm clock this morning and allowed myself to sleep late as to allow my heart and body to fully recover. Slept nine hours!! I must have really needed the rest and was thankful that my morning heart rate has returned to normal. I didn't realize how busy my local gym was at 11:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning! I always find it funny seeing cars circling the gym as to find a closer parking spot to the front door.
11:00 a.m. Medium Long Run. Medium-Long Run, progressive. 11 miles. Time, 1:44. 24 Hour Fitness Health Club on Alta Road/Rainbow. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. First four miles at 6.1 mph (9:50 minute miles), next seven miles at 6.2 mph (9:40 minute miles.) . Average heart rate 147 bpm. Cardiac Drift 153 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) Shoes, Nike Air Structures. No aches nor pain and was easily able to stay within my heart rate zone.
I had originally planned to have my speed increased to 6.3 mph, but decided against it due to my erratic morning heart rates. Next week is my scheduled cut-back week (Every fourth week is a Recovery Week) and should give me extra recovery and lower morning heart rates.
Leo Cunningham posted on yesterday's comment page the following: "I enjoy your blog (especially your intro quotes) and, not trying to hijack it, wondered if you (or your followers) knew anything about the Hoover Dam Marathon put on by Callico in October. Recognizing the subjectivity of the question, I am particularly curious about how hilly the course really is. I would appreciate any input." I've yet to run any of Calico's races, but I do know the Hoover Dam area well, it's pretty much gentle rolling hills, but the converted railroad track's trails that go through the tunnels are a slight elevation (naturally for the trains) and the loose gravel makes for tough running. The temperatures are extreme in the summer months, thankfully the race is in October and the temperatures should be around the mid 70's. Hopefully someone else who has ran or volunteered for Calico could enlighten us both! Your question tempts me to consider the half marathon portion as a warm-up race for December's "Rock n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey! How are you? Will you pretty please with a cherry on top follow my blog? It's www.conversetotheoscars.com Have a great day! =]
Hey Bruce,
So glad your resting HR returned to normal again. You are so smart to track resting heartrate. Something I have yet to do. With 2 kids, constantly waking me in the morning, before I am ready to wake, when I did track it (so I could learn my MAX HR), I always questioned if it was accurate. I look forward to my kids being older (sleep longer), so I can finally track my HR, to determine 1. if I have recovered and 2. if an illness is coming.
Keep up the strong training, you are going to ROCK Las Vegas in December:)!!
Thank you!
And your remarks have caused me to take a real rest day tomorrow after my 18 miler today.
Earning online is not a troublesome task, at the identical time it's not simple as well. There are plenty of strategies to earn cash online, you'll produce totally different business structures. You'll be able to take affiliate promoting, where you'll be able to select a product, software or a service and vend and in come you will get a commission out for selling. The nice advantage of affiliate selling is, you don’t need to talk to people and sell the product, everything can be done online, at the same time, you would like some skills, to do it. You would like to form channels for promoting like websites, newsletters, landing page creation and PPC advertisements.
You'll also produce a VRE, (Virtual Real Estate) where in you produce websites, develop and monetize it using varied suggests that like CPM or CPC ads, making and selling your own product. You'll develop niche sites and setup ecommerce stores.
There are more ways similarly, but for beginners, and those that are new to online business the simplest way to create a regular revenue stream is thru actions like filling up surveys, get paid to do straightforward actions like signing up with new sites and getting paid to browse emails. The level two for beginners is mystery searching and connected income streams. You'll get all the free resources to make a career at [url=http://earn-online-money.com/tools-and-techniques/home-business-blueprint-1-0-earn-online-moneys-free-new-launch/]Earn-Online-Money.Com[/url]
Post a Comment