Daily Quote: "The first ANT + treadmill, from Woodway, hits ritzy gyms this fall; less-pricey models arrive next year. Future treadmills could let an ANT + watch share data stored during outdoor runs, like incline, to re-create favorite routes indoors. Woodway Desmo Elite Treadmill, cost: $12,350." --Popular Science, July 2009, pg 22.
I hope my gym, 24 Hour Fitness, will purchase these next generation treadmills soon as I couldn't possibly purchase one for my home! It would be so very cool to be able to run my favorite routes and race courses indoors.
Yesterday I did a very easy six mile Recovery Run and now ready for a harder run. Last week was a cut-back week, but today I'm back to where I left off two weeks ago...a 17 miler.
8:00 a.m. 24 Hour Fitness, Alta and Rainbow location. Long Run. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 17 miles. Time, 2:42. First 8 miles at 6.2 mph (9:40 minute miles), next 9 miles at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute miles). Average heart rate: 147 bpm. Cardiac Drift 155 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) Shoes: New Balance 720.
Body felt great and could have easily gone faster and farther. I'll be gradually increasing my speed for my long runs and incorporating marathon pace miles as well. Next week will be an 18 miler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I still cannot believe you do all those distances on a treadmill. Amazing.
By the way, my baby loves your background music ;) She is dancing and eating bananas right now.
Post a Comment