Saturday, March 10, 2007

SUMMARY: Week 10

Daily Quote: "The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they're too old to do it." --Anne Bancroft

Today is a General Aerobic Run + Speed.
8 miles. Time, 1:09. Pace, 8:37 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Route, which partially ran on the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. The last two miles was at half-marathon speed of 8:00 minute miles Cloudy, 72-74 degrees, Wind S @ 3 mph. Average heart rate: 152 bpm. Cardiac drift, 162 bpm. Need to wear suntan lotion, nice burn on back of my neck.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF MARCH 4 - 10, 2007

Mileage for the week was 63 miles, which is the most weekly miles this year! I continued to run seven days a week.

Lost one pound of weight, I'm now 170 pounds on a six foot frame. This week bought Chris Carmichael's book, "Food for Fitness," with the hopes of cleaning up my diet and adding some new recipes.

I've been ill during the middle of the week, a flu and/or allergies, but I'm now recovered. I still need to work on getting more sleep. My morning heart rate has been ranging 41-52 bpm.

Next week is somewhat of a cut-back/taper week as next Saturday I'll be racing the "Come Catch a Leprechaun 5k Race."

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Monday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Speedwork, 8 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Friday: Medium Long Run, 11 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run + Speed, 8 miles.
TOTAL MILES: 63 miles.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Nice week Bruce, I mean redneck.
Good for you for running despite the illness.

robison52 said...

In these Southwest parts, being called a "Redneck" is a compliment!