Saturday, March 3, 2007

SUMMARY: Week 9

Daily Quote: "Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. the shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." --Abraham Lincoln

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
8 miles. Time, 1:12. Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines route, partially running the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Clear, 47 degrees, Wind North at 7 mph. Average heart rate: 153 bpm. Cardiac drift: 158 bpm. Wasn't very long ago when 9 minute miles was my specific marathon pace, now I'm so fit that it's just a General Aerobic Run!! I felt strong and my sinus are clear, a fun and joyous run.

This afternoon our bowling team had a makeup game because our members; my wife, Glenn Ely and Mary Ely, are going to the NASCAR Winston Cup races in Vegas next weekend. I won't be attending the races as I'm not a big fan of car racing...hey, I'm a cab driver and race everyday!! I did very well in my bowling with my score in the following order: 147, 154, 158. Pretty consistent. I doubt my bowling average will be 130 tomorrow during league play. Mary Ely had a record high game...a 180!!!

Our team went to Marie Callendar's for supper, as usual I ate too much. Bought a whole Chocolate Cream Pie for home, ate half of it before the night was done!!! Needless to say, I need to have more control of my diet.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF FEBRUARY 25 - MARCH 3, 2007

Increased my mileage to 59 miles (the previous week was 56 miles) and continued to run 7 days a week. I'm rather odd as I hate to have my weekly mileage at an odd number of 59 miles, it does nag on me, why couldn't I have an EVEN number like 60 miles? No wonder I identify with the t.v. show's Monk character!

Maintained my weight of 171 pounds on a six foot frame. I'm not too concerned about my weight at this time as the next few weeks I'll be having higher training miles with more speed work.

Most of my nights I've slept for eight hours! A big change from several weeks of 4-6 hours of sleep per night. My morning heart rate had been in the low 50's during the middle of the week due to a cold and/or allergies. I'm fairly recovered now and morning heart rate has returned to 40-43 bpm.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Monday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Intervals, 6 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Medium-Long Run, 11 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
TOTAL MILES: 59 miles.

1 comment:

akshaye said...

Thanks for the advice! and good luck for Boston. yeah, my focus is the training - I wouldn't want to jump into a race without having the base for it. We do have to pay our dues after all!