Daily Quote: "It's the lioness that runs." --Slogan, British Women's Running Club.
I'm currently in the middle of my taper for the upcoming "Come Catch a Leprechaun 5k" and have reduced my intervals this week from six intervals to three intervals. Although I did reduce my intervals, I did increase my speed by a tad...instead of last week's 8.6 mph, I ran the intervals at 8.7 mph. The biggest change was the Jog Intervals where I increased the jog speed from 6.0 mph to 6.6 mph, which was very tough on this old bod!
Today is a Interval Run.
4 miles. Time, 33 minutes. Average Pace, 8:15 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. Warmup: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph (9:08 minute miles). Intervals: 3 X .50 mile @ 8.7 mph (6.54 minute miles). Jog Intervals, .25 miles @ 6.6 mph. Cooldown: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph. Cardiac drift: 185 bpm (95% of maximum heart rate)
I've been taking Claritin Allergy medicine the last two days due to runny nose and itchy eyes...partly due to the unusual warmer temperatures (today is 87 degrees) that's starting plants to blossom early AND the amount of dust in the air from the Stardust implosion. Hopefully I'll be 100% for the race this Saturday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment