Friday, March 2, 2007

Medium Long Run

Daily Quote: "Growing old--it's not nice, but it's interesting." --August Strindberg

I'm really getting tired of the wind, but I shouldn't complain too much as my running friends up North have even worse weather.

Today is a Medium Long Run.
11 miles. Time, 1:43. Pace, 9:27. Out and back on Lindell Route. Clear, 50-52 degrees, Winds South at 14 mph with 22 mph gusts. Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac drift: 151 bpm. Left ankle was a little sore after my run, I wonder if the soreness was due to the wind pushing me in different directions as I'm striving to stay balanced? I'll be retiring my wornout Mizuno Alchemy running shoes next week, which could be causing my ankle to complain.

TGIF as I'm really tired even though I've been getting enough sleep; maybe I should start eating a little more. I might be tired due to the possibility of my getting a cold and/or allergy. Last year's running journal tells me of having allergies this very same week! Today's morning heart rate was a little high too at 50 bpm (normally my morning heart rate is in the low 40's).

No comments: