Tuesday, March 6, 2007

So Little Time!

Daily Quote: "Contrarians drink to remember." --Dave Weinbaum

I was a bad boy. Last night when I returned home from work I studied the chess game Botvinnik vs Flohr (Match, 1933) and became lost in the analysis, before I knew it, the time was 5:00 a.m! I was only able to get four hours sleep, but did manage to squeeze in a Recovery Run before work.

Today is a Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:04. Pace, 9:08. Out and back on Lanning Route. Partly Cloudy, 64 degrees, Wind SW @ 6 mph. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac drift: 151 bpm. Body feels good, no aches nor pain, I'm prepared for tomorrow's Speedwork.

When I was younger I could study and play chess without the concerns of sleep and food...I'm not young anymore and need my sleep; work tonight is going to be miserable.

2 comments:

Allen said...

Gee, I thought I was the only one who did things like that...

Nat said...

You lost yourself in chess? Yeah, I can say that has never happened to me. Good for you for getting out there and running anyway.