Sunday, March 4, 2007

New Training Route

Daily Quote: "A sense of duty is useful in work, but offensive in personal relations. People wish to be liked, not endured." --Bertrand Russell

Today I trailbrazed a new route from my front door with the help from my Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS watch, I went south on Westwind Drive that's a small paved street with no sidewalks and no traffic lights on major intersections, which is why I haven't ran this route before...crossing busy Sahara Avenue's eight lanes is problematic without traffic lights, especially during the middle of the day, but not a problem during Sunday's slow traffic.

Today is a Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:04. Pace, 9:08. Out and back on new Westwind Route. Partly Cloudy, 53 degrees, NO WIND! I didn't wear a heart rate monitor today as I was striving to keep the run very easy without trying to compete with my heart monitor. Beautiful day, I felt the fantastic floating sensation and didn't really want to turn back home, but realized I must as tomorrow is my long run.

WE WON!! Today our bowling team "One Wonders" won THREE out of four in the Bishop Gorman Invitational League!! This is very rare as normally we only win one game...hence our team's name "One Wonders." All our team members did exceptionally well. Also, I have now bowled a game over 200...I bowled a 223 game today during league play. Our team member, Glenn, was surprised my bowling average only went up 3 points from last week, I now have an average of 133 points, but undoubtedly my average will climb again next week. I need to call and thank Coach Gary Oatis for improving my bowling so quickly, he'll be thrilled with my result.

1 comment:

Allen said...

223, wow! Soon you'll be edging into 300.