Daily Quote: "There is no satisfaction without a struggle first." --Marty Liquori
Today's workout is from the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," if you own the book I'm on the "Boston Marathon Qualifying Training Program For Men 45 To 49 (3:30)," Week 16, pg 229...yes, I know I'm 58 years old!
20 minute warmup of two miles jogging at 6.0 mph
3 x 1600m @ 6:41 (1 minute RI)
10 minute cooldown of one mile at 6.0 mph.
Tough workout! My average heart rate was 161 bpm, but my cardiac drift for the last repeat was 184 bpm!! (Note: my maximum heart rate is 188 bpm.) I barely completed this workout...I do hope I get stronger as to stay on track with the FIRST program.
My left foot's plantar fasciitis feels better today, just a slight soreness when I got out of bed this morning. My right hip feels great! The major reason why I'm training for the 2010 Las Vegas Marathon using the FIRST program is due to my previous injuries, hoping to give them more time to heal completely.
I wore my New Balance 729 stability shoes, and maybe next interval session it would be wiser to wear my lighter racing shoes, "ASICS DS Trainer," which might help keep my heart rate lower?!?
I'm looking forward towards tomorrow's cross training day of upright stationary cycling...YEA, a low impact day!
Of course, as I start my first week of marathon training, their also happens to be a major convention in town, which is the mercantile convention called "MAGIC." I'm going to be one tired puppy this week. It's going to be a struggle working non-stop 12-hour days, training for the Las Vegas Marathon, maintaining my chess games on chess.com, AND keeping this blog current. Not enough hours in the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment