Daily Quote: "As Distance Runners, we live in a constant cycle of destruction and adaptation. In turns we push our bodies to the edge of their ability and then wait patiently for them to heal into a slightly stronger, faster state of homeostasis. In a nutshell, that's what training is." --Julia Lucas, Running Times Magazine, article "Work the Recovery: How to bounce back quicker after your next hard workout," September 2010, pg 24.
Today's workout is from the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," if you own the book I'm on the "Boston Marathon Qualifying Training Program For Men 45 To 49 (3:30)," Week 15, pg 229. I'm 58 years old and have already qualified for Boston twice in the past and don't plan on running Boston again soon, currently I'm striving for a personal record of 3:30, hence I'm training with this Men 45 to 49 (3:30) marathon training schedule.
Tempo Workout:
7 mile run.
1 mile easy, 10:00 minute mile
5 miles at 8:00 minute miles
1 mile easy, 10 minute mile.
Average heart rate: 159 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 168 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 188 bpm) Nice strong tempo run, that's at the planned pace for my next Las Vegas Marathon, which is 8 minute miles for a result of 3:30! I'm moving along well, and body should be adapted for my goal by the time I peak for the marathon. Only 15 weeks until the Las Vegas Marathon!!
I'll be leaving home for Laughlin soon, we'll be having an escape weekend at Harrah's Hotel and will be attending Don McLean's concert tonight!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment