Daily Quote: "I try to be consistent in my training. I have slowly built up my mileage over the past five years or so, which has helped me to avoid injuries and continue to improve. After every training period and race I learn something new, so I tinker with my training slightly to try to keep getting faster. This keeps it challenging and fun." --Doreen McCoubrie, Born on October 31, 1961 and ran the 2008 Twin Cities Marathon in 2:53:32!! Running Times Magazine, October 2009, from the column, "Age Group Ace," by Mike Tymn, pg 33.
The above quote could easily have been posted as my own training philosophy!! I find it amazing she can run so fast at 48 years old!
I'm behind on my blogging as I had a very busy Labor Day Weekend with my wife, the highlight being "The Jersey Boys" at the Venetian Hotel and Casino.
I plan on running a Recovery Run as soon as I finish last week's summary report, so this will be brief.
SUMMARY, AUGUST 31 - SEPTEMBER 6, 2009
Finished my fourth week of marathon training, which was a Recovery Week and only ran a total of 51 miles. I've continued my running streak and haven't had a day without running since February 14th. This week I plan on running my highest mileage of the year and I'm going to be hard pressed to find time on the computer. Only 13 weeks until the 2009 RNR Las Vegas Marathon!
I gained one pound last week, not surprising as I had reduced my mileage, but my diet was pretty much the same. I'm now 171 pounds on a six foot frame. My new weight goal is to reach 165 pounds for my upcoming marathon on December 6th.
I easily accomplished two weight circuit sessions last week, but I still won't return to three sessions until after my marathon as it's just too difficult to find the time and energy to squeeze more into my routine.
My sleeping patterns have been excellent due to last week's reduced mileage affording me more time to rest. My morning heart rates are lower than ever too, averaging between 37-40 bpm.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Lactate Threshold Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 5 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Wednesday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Saturday: Medium-long Run, 10 miles.
Sunday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 51 miles.
I'm now off to the gym for an nice easy Recovery Run in preparation for tomorrow's Long Run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't believe it's only 13 weeks! That seems way too soon!!
Post a Comment