Daily Quote: "You pick what you plant. Just as you can't expect to put potatoes into the ground and harvest tomatoes, you can't become a runner by bowling or lifting weights." --Joe Henderson
I do believe in the importance of weight training, but this week didn't do any lifting as to allow myself more time for rest and sleep, I'll probably return to weight circuit training once my marathon training has finished. I still bowl on a mixed-doubles league on Sunday nights as it's the only exercise my wife will do. My current bowling average is 169 and hope to reach an average of 180's by the end of the season.
My adjustment to running on the roads is coming along fine as I'm doing slow recovery runs on the roads until by body adapts to the different terrain. I hope to have most of my runs on the roads before mid-October, until then my harder runs will be on the treadmill.
The new marathon course is partially on Rainbow Boulevard, but the crossroad is Twain Avenue, about four miles from my home. To run the marathon course from my home would have to be over eight miles for an out-and-back, at this time my Recovery Runs will cover the northern part of Rainbow Boulevard that has the same elevation and surface as the southern marathon route.
8:10 a.m. 6 miles. Time, 59:22. Overall Pace, 9:53 minute miles. Out and Back on Rainbow Boulevard. Clear, 75-77 degrees, wind northwest at 13 mph, humidity at 14%. Average heart rate 140 bpm. Cardiac drift, 146 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) Shoes: New Balance 720. Drank 16 ounces of water during run.
SUMMARY, SEPTEMBER 21-27, 2009
Finished my sixth week of marathon training and ran a total of 68 miles, which is my highest weekly mileage this year! I've continued my running streak and haven't had a day without running since February 14th. The big change last week was my return to running on the roads, ran three days of Recovery Runs on the roads an plan on adding another day of road running, which would be my General Aerobic Run next week. I also plan to increase my mileage slightly next week and add marathon pace miles during my Long Run and Medium-Long Runs. Only 10 weeks until the "2009 RNR Las Vegas Marathon!"
I lost another pound last week and I'm now 168 pounds on a six foot frame. My new weight goal is to reach 165 pounds for my upcoming marathon on December 6th, only three more pounds! Those last few pounds are always the hardest to lose.
I did no weight circuit training last week and will return to weight lifting once my marathon training is completed.
My sleeping patterns have been great last week! Undoubtedly, my skipping weight training has allowed me more sleep. My morning heart rates have been excellent, averaging between 38-41 bpm. My low morning heart rates shows that I'm not overtrained and I will slightly increase my effort next week.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Lactate Threshold Workout, 10 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, roads, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 18 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, roads, 6 miles.
Friday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Saturday: Medium-Long Run, 14 miles.
Sunday: Recovery Runs, roads, 6 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 68 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment