Sunday, September 13, 2009

SUMMARY, SEPTEMBER 7-13, 2009

Daily Quote: "Your goals should be realistic. Wildly optimistic goals that you don't believe you can ever reach are also not motivating. Your goals should be challenging yet achievable. You need to evaluate your current level as a marathoner and how much you believe you can improve." --Pfitzinger and Doulgas from their excellent book, "Advanced Marathoning."

My goal of a 3:30 marathon at the "2009 RNR Las Vegas Marathon" will be challenging, but I do believe I can accomplish this goal. My training is coming along very well, and I hope to be five pounds lighter than my last marathon. I set a personal record of 3:44:58 during the "2007 Las Vegas Marathon" and know that I'm stronger and fitter now.

SUMMARY, SEPTEMBER 7-13, 2009

Finished my fifth week of marathon training and ran a total of 64 miles, which is my highest weekly mileage this year! I've continued my running streak and haven't had a day without running since February 14th. I plan to increase my mileage slightly next week and add marathon pace miles during my Long Run and Medium-Long Runs. Only 12 weeks until the 2009 RNR Las Vegas Marathon!

I lost two pounds last week and now weigh 169 pounds on my six foot frame! My new weight goal is to reach 165 pounds for my upcoming marathon on December 6th, which should be a cake walk.

I accomplished two weight circuit sessions last week, but I still won't return to three sessions until after my marathon as it's just too difficult to find the time and energy to squeeze more into my routine.

My sleeping patterns have been good with the exception of Thursday morning when my morning heart rate was 151 bpm...undoubtedly due to Wednesday's tough 20 miler. The rest of the week my morning heart rates were averaging between 37-40 bpm.

A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Lactate Threshold Run, 8 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Wednesday: Long Run, 20 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 5 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Friday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: Medium-Long Run, 13 miles.
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 64 miles.

2 comments:

greentigress said...

Congrats!!! I hope you make your goal - it is a great feeling knowing you are stronger and fitter!!

hussein said...

Nice blog