Daily Quote: "I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement. It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible." --John Hanc, running writer
Today is my first road run for the season!! The next two weeks all my easy, short, recovery runs will be done on the roads as I gradually wean myself off the treadmill. I'll begin a Medium-Long Run on the roads by October 10th.
8:00 a.m. 6 miles. Time, 59:33. Overall Pace, 9:55 minute miles. Out and Back on Rainbow Avenue. Partly Cloudy, 73-75 degrees, wind north at 3 mph, humidity at 11%. Average heart rate 139 bpm. Cardiac drift, 144 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) Shoes: New Balance 720. Drank 16 ounces of water during run.
What a beautiful day!! Ran very slowly as to avoid injury as I strengthen my stablizer muscles for uneven and harder road runs. I suffered no aches nor pain and my spirit is soaring. It's great to be back on the roads!
I never listen to music during road runs, but will continue running with music during my longer treadmill runs. I need to purchase more suntan lotion today as my old lotion from last year is almost empty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment