Daily Quote: "It didn't take long for the new owners of the Las Vegas Marathon — which will now be called the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon — to make a huge splash and break from the race's controversial past. Competitor Group on Wednesday announced major changes to the course for both the marathon and half-marathon, with the half-marathon getting the most significant makeover. The entire 13.1 mile-course will be on the Strip for the Dec. 6 race, with all northbound and southbound lanes closed on Las Vegas Boulevard, an unprecedented move. Previously, only the southbound lanes were closed, and only about six miles of the marathon and half-marathon were run on the Strip.The marathon will also have more Strip exposure, though Fremont Street Experience will no longer be part of the course." --Pat Everson, Las Vegas Review Journal.
See: New Las Vegas Marathon Route Map
I'm excited about the new course, although the route no longer passes near my home, can't have everything.
I'm still very tired from yesterday's hill program and Checker Cab shift bid...my morning heart rate was very high, 150 bpm!! Ran a very slow and easy three miler recovery run. Going back to bed now for a long nap before work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have a few friends running it this year. I'm jealous. Maybe I can make it out next year:)!!
If I don't BQ at NYC this year, I will definitely run LV in 2010:)!!
Ive been thinking about doing a half ... now I am enticed.
Post a Comment