Daily Quote: "Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition. Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust." --Jesse Owens
The high temperature today was 97 degrees, won't be much longer before I'm stuck on the dreadmill. I'm striving to enjoy road running as long as I can.
I'm still recovering from last Saturday's half-marathon, hence today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 58 minutes. Pace, 9:40 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines route that partially traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" course. The temperature was very warm at 8:00 a.m., Sunny, 79 degrees, Wind SW @ 7 mph. I didn't wear my Garmin nor Polar Heart Rate Monitor, keeping the run as casual and carefree as possible. I was very thirsty during my run and should now bring water for even the short easy runs.
SUMMARY FOR APRIL 22-28, 2007
I'm still recovering from last Saturday's "Salt Lake City Half Marathon" and currently have no aches nor pains, nevertheless, I'll be continuing my recovery runs for another week. My total recovery miles last week was 32 miles, and ran for six days.
I've started weight lifting this week! I've been doing only one set per upper body part, with ten repetitions of light weights, every other day. I'll be gradually adding weights to my routine slowly but surely. I'm now 177 pounds on a six foot frame, and I'm expecting I'll get a little heavier due to the increase of heavier muscle...hoping that eventually the muscles will burn more calories and I'll become more lean.
My sleeping patterns have improved, it's getting rare when I don't get at least seven hours of sleep. My morning heart rates have remained good, approximately 40-43 bpm.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: REST DAY
Monday: Recovery Run, 4 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 4 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 32 miles.
Highlight of the week: Sunday of complete rest and relaxation...I spoiled myself with a variety of my favorite foods like pizza and ice cream.
Low light of the week: I've been so busy learning new skills of weightlifting as well as days of practicing my bowling that I've been neglecting my postings in this blog...I'll do better next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment