Daily Quote: "I'm going to go out a winner if I have to find a high school race to win my last race." - Johnny Gray
Today is a Long Run.
15 miles. Time, 2:19. Pace, 9:16 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines route that partially traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" course. Sunny, very warm, 77-79 degrees. Wind SSE @ 7 mph. No heart rate monitor today. Not as fast as I wish as I'm not fully acclimated to the heat yet, I doubt that my upcoming Salt Lake City Half Marathon will have temperatures in the high 70's anyway. I MUST start my runs earlier in the morning when the temperature is somewhat cooler. I did wear my camelbak and sucked it dry before 12 miles. My left ankle appears fine with no lingering effects from last week's Lactate Threshold Run, nevertheless will keep a close eye on that ankle.
Last night our bowling team, "One Wonders," lost three games out of four. I did well with all my games well over my average of 136 (142, 177 @ 165), I hope to practice bowling several times this week. Next Sunday we'll have no bowling league due to the Easter holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment