Monday, April 23, 2007

First Recovery Run.

Daily Quote: ""I cannot have survival as my only goal. That would be too boring. My goal is to come back in my best running form. It is good for me to have that goal; it will help me." - Ludmila Engquist (Olympic champion hurdler facing cancer and chemotherapy)

I'm still tired and sore from last Saturday's Salt Lake City Half Marathon, nevertheless I have to get back on my feet again. Sunday was a total rest day, although I did bowl with the "One Wonders" team Sunday night, we won only one game, surprisingly I bowled o.k. Our team only has two more weeks and then the Bishop Gorman Bowling League ends for the summer.

I've been eating practically everything and anything nonstop with the excuse that I deserve it, but now comes the time of getting my act together again. I need some goal, no matter how small, to get me motivated.

Today is my first Recovery Run since the half-marathon.
4 miles. Time, 38 minutes. Pace, 9:30 minute miles. Out and back on Alta Route. Sunny, 58 degrees, Wind variable at 5 mph. Easy and short run, quads are whining a little, but left ankle was not sore at all! I didn't have my usual uplifting experience, I just drudged through the run.

No comments: