Daily Quote: ""It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse." - Ann Trason
I'm already preparing for the Boston Marathon by doing research on motion sickness. I've had this affliction since I was a child, can't sit in the back of an automobile, nor choppy boats and bumpy airplanes. The product "Dramamine" doesn't work for me. This summer my wife and I will be flying to Upper New York to visit relatives and will test motion sickness remedies in preperation for Boston. Any ideas for remedies out there in BlogLand?
Today is an Easy Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:01. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Partly Cloudy, 70 degrees, Winds SW @ 5 mph. No heart rate monitor today. Left ankle was sore when I first awoke, but was fine during the run.
I've had a sweet tooth lately and went out today and bought some apples and oranges with the hope of satisfying the craving for sweets yet still eat healthily and lose some weight in the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The basic method to alleviate motion sickness, while the vehicle is moving, fix your eyes on the horizon and don't let your head or eyes move around.
Gingeroot capsules about 2 hours before you leave
Peppermint oil underneath your nose
1-2 tablespoons of cola syrup every 15 minutes until symptoms subside (Don't take more than 6 doses in a 24 hour period)
Gravol or Bonamine work really well too. They make you drowsy.
Hmm. If none of this works, you can always just have your wife do what my mom does to me at the dentist...Knock you over the head with a rubber mallet! hehe just kidding ;0)
Good Luck
Thanks for the tips Tiger! Will experiment with your suggestions, but will strive to stay away from drugs that'll make me drowsy as I'll be eventually flying to the Boston Marathon and want to be awake and sharp!
Post a Comment