Daily Quote: "Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired." - Jules Renard
Soon I'll be leaving Las Vegas for the "Salt Lake City Half Marathon!" I'm well rested, but I'm never satisfied, I keep asking myself, "Did I recover enough? Maybe too much rest? Not enough hill work? Should have done more miles with half-marathon speed? Only slept six hours last night, which wasn't a sound sleep either, am I going to be a tired wreck on race morning?" I need to be self confident with no doubts...I will do my best no matter what.
The weather forecast in Salt Lake City appears PERFECT! Mostly Cloudy, High of 58 degrees farenheit, Low of 42 degrees farenheit, possible wind of 10 mph, and 10% chance of rain.
My taper went fairly well, the following is a short recap:
Sunday: Easy Run, 6 miles.
Monday: Hill work, 4 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Thursday: Easy Run, 4 miles.
Total Taper Miles: 24 miles.
Today, Friday, I'm planning on no running as I have to drive approximately six hours to reach Salt Lake City. The stress of finding all my locales (hotel, expo, post dinner party) will be sufficient to raze me!
I'm looking forward to seeing Allen again and meeting Angie (a forum regular at about.com) for the first time!! I'm now leaving and will be back by Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment