Daily Quote: "It's elevating and humbling at the same time. Running along a beach at sunrise with no other footprints in the sand, you realize the vastness of creation, your own insignificant space in the plan, how tiny you really are, your own creatureliness and how much you owe to the supreme body, the God that brought all this beauty and harmony into being." -- Sister Marion Irvine, 2:51 PR and 1984 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier
Today was a General Aerobic Run,
10 miles. Time, 1:31. Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines route that partially traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Sunny, 77-80 degrees, Wind SSE @ 9 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 157 bpm. Today is the last day of my peak week and not a minute too soon, I'm exhausted and looking forward to cutting back my mileage. This afternoon will be heading to Mary and Glen's home for an Easter feast!!
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF APRIL 1-7, 2007
Last week was my peak week before the taper and was able to complete 59 miles. I continue to run 7 days a week. Only two more weeks until the Salt Lake City Half Marathon!!! My plan is to cut mileage by 30% for this week's taper.
I have actually lost a pound of weight last week, I'm now 173 pounds on a six foot frame. Needless to say, I must temper my Easter feasting today!!
Only one day this week I wasn't able to get a complete 8 hours of sound sleep, which was Saturday night as my allergies had me suffering all night. Today I just have itchy eyes. My morning heart rates have been very good, 40-43 bpm!
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Lactate Threshold Run, 8 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Total Miles: 59 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment