Daily Quote: "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." --Friedrich Nietzsche
This is going to be a killer weekend...Friday night I'll only be able to sleep four hours before running a 11 mile race on Saturday, immediately after the race I'll run an additional 7 miles as to stay on my marathon training schedule that requires a Long Run of 18 miles. Saturday night I'll be attending a dinner party, Sunday morning will be my cycling interval training and Sunday night I'll be starting in a new bowling league. Today's Tempo Run will be my last run before Saturday's race, I'll be taking a rest day tomorrow as a very small taper. Life is full!
Today's workout is from the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," if you own the book I'm on the "Boston Marathon Qualifying Training Program For Men 45 To 49 (3:30)," Week 12, pg 229. I'm 58 years old and have already qualified for Boston twice in the past and don't plan on running Boston again soon, currently I'm striving for a personal record of 3:30, hence I'm training with this Men 45 to 49 (3:30) marathon training schedule.
Precor Treadmill set at a negative <2% decline.
2 mile warmup at 10:00 minute miles.
3 miles at 7:14 minute miles.
1 mile cooldown at 10:00 minute mile.
Average heart rate: 165 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 176 bpm (Note, my maximum heart rate is 188 bpm.) A hard workout, but the effort was much easier than last Tuesday's interval session! I was able to finish the planned workout as written, and surprisingly I wasn't sore and didn't have any aches. I feel ready to race this Saturday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment