Daily Quote: "Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, temperatures this week in Las Vegas are falling!! The extended forecast shows no temperatures over 100 degrees for the next five days, I can already see me running on the roads soon and brazing different paths. Unfortunately, I still plan on doing my first 20 miler this Saturday on the treadmill.
Today's workout is from the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," if you own the book the workout is on page 106, Cross-Training Workout #1 ((XT#1)." Last Tuesday I found that the cycle's Level 10 setting was getting a little easy therefore I raised the cycle to Level 11!
24 Hour Fitness on Decatur & Tropicana, Life Fitness Lifecycle:
1. Mode: Stationary cycling for a total time of 45 minutes.
8 minutes easy spinning, Level 4.
30 minutes moderate, Level 11.
7 minutes easy spinning, Level 4.
Cadence for all levels was 95-100 revolutions per minute...or RPMs
My average heart rate was 151 and my cardiac drift was 163 bpm, which helped my recovery from yesterday's tough interval work. I may need to raise the level for Wednesday's interval cycling too.
September 18th will be my next race in the Las Vegas Track Club Competition Series, "The LVTC Forest Challenge 11 Miler," at Mount Charleston's Lee Canyon. I need to send my registration for the race very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment