Daily Quote: "Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring." --Jimmy Carter
Today is Interval Day. Last year my main speed sessions were "Yasso 800's" and felt confident when I left for the gym for my interval sessions that calls for 800 intervals.
As usual my workouts this Fall is from the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," if you own the book I'm on the "Boston Marathon Qualifying Training Program For Men 45 To 49 (3:30)," Week 10, pg 229. I'm 58 years old and have already qualified for Boston twice in the past and don't plan on running Boston again soon, currently I'm striving for a personal record of 3:30, hence I'm training with this Men 45 to 49 (3:30) marathon training schedule.
Precor Treadmill set at a negative -2% decline
2 mile warmup at 10:00 minute miles.
4 x 800m at 3:13 (1:30 min RI)
1 mile cooldown at 10:00 minute mile
Average heart rate: 173 bpm. Cardiac drift: 181 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 188 bpm) A tough workout, but I felt I could have squeezed in another 800m if I needed...which has been unusual, as the last couple of weeks the last interval felt extremely hard and couldn't even think about adding another repeat. I must be getting stronger!!
Today I sent my entry fee to "11th Annual Season 4 a Cure Cancer Run 5K." The race will be held at Town Center, the same location as the event Kendall Tenney's 9th Annual 5k "Run For a Wish", that was held last February 6th. I remember how tough the course, which had many crowded tangents around that outdoor mall. I hope to beat that 24:32 time next Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment