Daily Quote: "Many runners would rather eat dirt than consider taking up a walking program. They think walking is a stage you pass through on the way to becoming a fit runner." --Joe Ellis, D.P.M., from his excellent book, "Running Injury-Free."
I had intended to walk on the treadmill today but since yesterday's jog of 1.5 miles went so well decided to jog 2.0 miles.
8:30 a.m. 24-Hour Fitness, Rainbow location. Life Fitness Treadmill set at no grade. Warm up: one mile at 4.0 mph (15 minute walk), 1.7 mile jog at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute mile), Cool down: .50 mile at 4.0 mph (15 minute walk). Didn't wear a heart rate monitor as I knew my heart rate would be low as the run is short and easy.
The sharp pain returned to my right knee at 1.7 miles, I stopped jogging immediately and did a short walking cool-down. O.K., a small setback, I still need to walk every other day, maybe more, as to allow the knee to heel. I must be patient!!
Tomorrow's plan is to do weight circuit training and walking on the treadmill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good idea. Take care of that knee.
Yup, it just needs a little TLC :)
Listen to your body!
One thing you might consider, Bruce, is to not increase your distance more than once a week, and be careful about making big jumps in distance or time.
I'm still praying for you Bruce. Wishing "you & your wife" a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year = 2009....
Take Good Care of that Knee, and "Keep Running"....
Jimmy....
Post a Comment