Daily Quote: "We were onto something good in our running but didn't yet know exactly what it was. Now I know. I got lucky and stumbled into the right combination of hard and easy, fast and slow, long and short running at the right time in my life." --Joe Henderson, from the article "Good Times Among Bad" in Marathon and Beyond Magazine, NOV/DEC, pg 185.
Yesterday I didn't run as to allow my knee more recovery time but did accomplish a upper body weight circuit and an hour of walking on the treadmill.
Today's plan is to jog 1.5 miles, which will be my longest run since my injury, if I feel any sharp pain on my right knee I'll stop the workout immediately.
8:15 a.m. 24-Hour Fitness, Rainbow location. Life Fitness Treadmill set at no grade. Warm up: one mile at 4.0 mph (15 minute walk), 1.5 mile jog at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute mile), Cool down: one mile at 4.0 mph (15 minute walk). Didn't wear a heart rate monitor as I knew my heart rate would be low as the run is short and easy.
No sharp pain on my right knee!!! Although my progress is very slow, I'm well satisfied as my knee injury doesn't appear to be severe and may just be a superficial inflammation injury. I'm not out of the woods yet as I slowly take precautions of adding more running mileage gradually. Of course, I'm running on the treadmill that has a soft cushioned platform and a level surface, I still have more recovery before I even attempt to run on the roads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wise man you are! I am glad it is looking good for no serious injuyr!
It is good that you are playing it safe. It is a relief to me that your brain is working well to know what to expect and to take things slowly.
Well done for sticking with your strict injury safe recovery program...
Post a Comment