Daily Quote: "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can." --Sydney Smith
Updated my blog's "About Me" section that now has my new PR's (Personal Records), notice I've set personal records in ALL major race distances this year!! Now I have new goals of beating all these records in 2008. It's getting more difficult to set personal records, in the past I would beat my PR's by minutes, now it's only beaten by seconds.
5K: 22:32 February 2007. Third Annual President's Day
10k: 46:46 November 2007. 27th Annual Turkey Trot
Half Marathon: 1:49:27 April 2007. Salt Lake City Half Marathon
Marathon: 3:44:58 (BQ) December 2007. New Las Vegas Marathon.
I still have two more weeks of marathon recovery, than I'll start marathon training again in earnest. My current long term plan would be to strive to set a 5k personal record sometime in February, and in April set a marathon personal record at the Boston Marathon, which is on a difficult course. 2008 is going to be a fun and challenging year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Impressive records. You have lots to brag about. I hope those ankles recover for Boston. Be very careful. I read your marathon report and you did great. You never know what is going to happen that day and you endured.
Thanks for the kind words. Indeed I'll be very careful with my ankles, I've been doing my marathon recovery very slowly as to give my ankles plenty of time to heal, nevertheless, I MUST start my marathon training for Boston in January! I probably won't have the mileage highs of my last marathon training period, but I'll be ready.
Hey,
It's been a good year for you! Way to go.
Thanks for checking in on me every once in a while. I miss talking to you guys, but honestly, hearing people talk about running when I can't run just makes me unhappy, so I've been staying away from the forum and blogs. The other day I saw the professor in charge of physics lab with Runner's World magazine - way to rub it in - lol :)
I'm starting physical therapy in 2 weeks, hopefully that'll help. So far just resting (I do nothing but walk from the train to school and back) doesn't seem to help.
Think good thoughts for me :)
Howdy Daphna!
I've been injured before (Plantar Fasciitis) and know that healing takes time and is very frustrating when you see others who can run! Took me eight months of not running to heal, your injury might not take as long. I'll send you positive thoughts routinely and YOU should also give YOURSELF positive thoughts about healing quickly too (read the book, "The Secret," about how directing such thoughts work.
Post a Comment