Saturday, December 8, 2007

SUMMARY, WEEK 49

Daily Quote: “For me, running is a lifestyle and an art. I’m far more interested in the magic of it than the mechanics.”
§ Lorraine Moller, Olympic Marathoner

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF DECEMBER 2-8, 2007

Not much to write since I'm now in my first recovery week and won't be posting in my blog every day as I did during my marathon training.

Ran the 2007 New Las Vegas Marathon and accomplished a personal record of 3:44:58! Last week ran a total of 35.2 miles, which INCLUDES the marathon mileage. My ankles are still sore and will ease my mileage increases very slowly the next three weeks.

I'm now 173 pounds on a six foot frame and must focus on eating a well balanced diet and strive to keep my calorie intake under control.

I've been sleeping very well, nice not to have to put in the mileage and just get plenty of rest! My morning heart rates are mute since I'm not putting in any heavy training.

I accomplished three sessions of upper body weight circuit sessions and hope that this routine will keep me sane until I return to higher mileage.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Marathon! 26.2 miles.
Monday: Rest Day.
Tuesday: Crosstraining, upper body circuit weight training.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 4 miles.
Thursday: Crosstraining, upper body circuit weight training.
Friday: Recovery Run, 5 miles.
Saturday: Crosstraining, upper body circuit weight training.
Total weekly mileage: 35.2 miles.

No comments: