SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF DECEMBER 23-29, 2007
Last week finished my fourth and LAST week of marathon recovery!! Ran a total of 41 miles and now prepared to start training Monday for the 2008 Boston Marathon. I've decided that this spring I'll be training with the "FIRST Training Program," which I'll explain more in detail as my training progresses.
I've added two pounds on my six foot frame and now a whopping 176 pounds!!! I'm not too concerned as when I start marathon training next Monday the weight tends to melt off. I have to lose at least 15 pounds in 16 weeks, which is doable for me.
Accomplished three sessions of weight circuit training. I have returned the leg press machine last week as I no longer feel pain on the upper left hip. The next 16 weeks will be tough to maintain my weight training as I'll be incorporating the vigorous "FIRST Training Program," but will strive to continue lifting weights.
I was able to sleep well last week with 7-8 hours of sound, REM sleep daily! My morning resting heart rates are low, 38-41 bpm. I hope to maintain my good sleeping habits during the next 16 weeks; I have a tendency to sacrifice sleep as to squeeze in my marathon training, something I hope to avoid during this cycle.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Cross-training, Weight Circuit Training.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Thursday: Cross-training, Weight Circuit Training.
Friday: General Aerobic + Speed, 9 miles with 8x100 meter strides.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 6 miles. Cross-training, Weight Circuit Training.
Sunday: Medium Long Run, 12 miles.
Total weekly mileage: 41 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment