Sunday, October 31, 2010

SUMMARY: OCTOBER 25-31, 2010

Daily Quote: "Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something.  If you fail, you still win by trying.  Surround yourself with people who will support you and believe in you.  Most of all believe in yourself and give thanks.  Always give thanks."  --Ultra marathoner, Lisa Smith-Batchen

I'll be using the "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" half marathon schedule on page 87. Since my pace for my last half marathon was 8:20 minutes per mile, my training paces will be set accordingly. Only five more weeks until the "2010 Las Vegas Rock n' Roll Half-Marathon!"

What a crazy and hectic week!  Didn't have time to post my daily training, hence today will be a thumbnail summary of my week:

Monday: Rest Day.  Recovering from yesterday's 10 miler.  Right hip flexor is still a little sore, hopefully a full day of rest will help.

Tuesday: Two mile warmup at 10 minute miles.  3x1600 (400 RI) at 7:20 minute miles.  One mile cooldown at 10 minute miles.  Tough workout!

Wednesday:  Cycling for 45 minutes at moderate-hard pace.

Thursday: Tempo Run. 5 miles at mid tempo pace of approximately 8:06 minute miles.  Felt comfortable.  Right hip flexor didn't ache at all!

Friday: Cycling intervals for an hour.

Saturday: Rest Day.  Preparing for tomorrow's long run.

Sunday: Long Run.  15 miles at HMP + 30 seconds, approximately 8:50 minute miles.  Beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the upper 50's!  My right hip flexor was complaining a little, but I did finish strong.

I'm still very concerned about my right hip flexor, I'll just do the best I can in training and hope that I can get to the starting line in good shape.

3 comments:

Allen said...

Good news on Thursday about your flexor. How does it feel today, after your 15-miler?

robison52 said...

Today, Monday, a day after my 15 miler my hip flexor feels o.k., which is very encouraging. I'll rest the hip today and do core exercises as well as massage my hip with the foam roller.

Tomorrow I'll do a vigorous interval workout. I'm only running three days a week as I'm following the FIRST training plan, which I hope gets me to the finish line fit and strong.

WendyBird said...

I'm glad you hip is doing better! You will do amazing at the R&R!