Daily Quote: "Ever-steady Brian Schreiber has 88; young Chris Perrine hangs in there with 87; and don’t count-me-out Sergio Ibarra has 79. All three passed in October but are still in the game. And don’t count out back-in-the-game Bruce Robison, who now has 79 points too after winning his age group in October." Las Vegas Track Club Newsletter, October 2010
In the Las Vegas Track Club Championship Series I'm now in 10th Place with only two more Championship events left; November's "Max Muscle Marathon Tune-Up 10k," and December's "Rock n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon!" I will be unable to complete 10 events as I skipped July's "Notch Run" as to allow my right hip to recover. Since I"m in tied for 10th place, maybe I can rise above Sergio Ibarra in November's race?
As usual my workouts this Fall is from the book, "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster," if you own the book I'm on the "Boston Marathon Qualifying Training Program For Men 45 To 49 (3:30)," Week 9, pg 229. I'm 58 years old and have already qualified for Boston twice in the past and don't plan on running Boston again soon, currently I'm striving for a personal record of 3:30, hence I'm training with this Men 45 to 49 (3:30) marathon training schedule.
Today is the mentally tough and hip burning interval workout:
2 mile Warmup at 10 minute miles.
2 x (6x400m @ 1:39) (1:30 RI)
(2:30 RI between sets)
1 mile Cooldown at 10 minute miles.
Average heart rate: 174 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 185 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 188 bpm) A very tough workout, which came very close to my maximum heart rate. I was sweaty and exhausted after the first set groupings, but was able to finish the second set with difficulty. As usual, my right hip complained afterwards, icing and ibuprofen are my main tools against injury. Tomorrow I'll be using another tool for prevention against serious injury, a total rest day...Saturday I'm planning on running 18 miles on the roads!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Whoot! Awesome job!
Post a Comment