Daily Quote: "The primary problem is to start a race at the eager level. Peaking, tapering, and carbohydrate loading are imporant aspects of a solution to this problem. Having effective pre-race routines and knowing how to focus your attention are two other important aspects of the competitive game." --Brian Clarke, from his excellent book, "5k and 10k Training."
Since I didn't have a Long Run last weekend due to my 5k race and later recovery, decided to run my 15 miler today, and still have the next two days to taper for my next race. This Saturday I'll be running a 10k race, "Come Run in the Sun," and haven't really peaked for this race, and running a 15 miler today may not be the greatest idea. I decided against speedwork today as my races will be my speedwork.
8:30 a.m. 15 miles. 24 Hour Fitness Club, Alta & Rainbow Avenue. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 6 mph (10 minute per mile pace). Time, 2:30. Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac drift: 151 bpm. No aches nor pain and I'm fully recovered from last weekend's race. Decided to run very slowly today, which made the treadmill experience that much more boring! When summer arrives all my runs will be on the treadmill, then I'll start my base building season.
I did bring my CD player and listened to two CD's, Coldplay's Viva La Vida (or Death and All His Friends), and ZZ Tops' "Live From Texas." I felt pleasantly exhausted and thankful today is a slow workday driving my cab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ZZ top and Texas - that's got to be a good combination
good luck on your 10K. hope the weather is cooler for you
Post a Comment