Daily Quote: "Whether it's the pyramid or food groups, I eat a lot of vegetables. I don't eat any refined sugar anymore, and I found that increased my desire for fruit. Eat a lot of granola and whole grains, and lot of fish --lot of salmon. I eat meat maybe once every two weeks. Because I think there are some essential amino acids in meat that you just need. In other words, I eat meat to craving. I crave some red meat maybe once every two weeks." --Frank Shorter, Olympic Gold Marathoner.
I've been eating more plant protein and less animal protein, and should be more like Frank Shorter, and eat less refined sugar...I'm a Jelly Belly candy addict.
Today was a very easy three miler on the gym's treadmill as yesterday I ran a 5k race in brutal heat.
8:30 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade, 6 mph. 3 miles. Time, 30 minutes. Overall pace, 10 minute miles. Average heart rate, 145 bpm. Cardiac drift, 149 bpm. Heart rate during my run is slightly elevated as I'm still recovering from the race. My morning heart rate was also a little high, 45 bpm. My body feels great, no aches nor pain, and my right knee appears to be completely healed now.
Since summer is fast approaching, I decided to race again next weekend. The race is called, "The 8th Annual 'Come Run in the Sun' 10k Race." The last time I ran this race was five years ago! It's a very tough out-and-back course with one extreme uphill towards Sunrise Mountain and a free fall back to the starting line. Hopefully the temperatures will be cooler than this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the quote in red!
I've been a vegetarian for years and have never had problems missing anything from my diet.
Thanks for the comment about my end of race photos. My plan was to drop my belt w/ my hubby, but forgot about that. :-)
Post a Comment