Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SUMMARY: MAY 4-10, 2009

DAILY QUOTE: "The social aspect of running is one of the key reasons people start, and stick, with it. Find a local running club or recruit some friends to run with you." --Christine Clark, about. com running/jogging guide.

I just discovered from Fleet Feet the internet has TWO Las Vegas running groups with facebook pages, both "Las Vegas Ultra-Running Club" and "Endurance Addiction" and are posting various runs throughout the week and anyone is welcome to attend. I would like to find a running group during Sundays as it would be fun to run with a group for a change.

I've been behind on my blogging primarily due to a very nasty computer virus, took me most of yesterday morning to finally conquer it and will be more careful about opening unknown e-mails in the future.

Today a nice Recovery Run of five miles and have only four more days until my "Runnin' for the House 5k Run!"

8:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 5 miles. Time, 48:44. Overall pace, 9:44 minute miles. Out and back on Lindell Road. Clear, 72 degrees with no wind. Average heart rate, 143 bpm. Cardiac drift, 147 bpm. Body feels great, no problems with the usual suspects, my ankles and right knee. Yesterday Las Vegas hit a high of 100 degrees for the first time this year...won't be long before most of my runs are done on the treadmill.

Tomorrow I plan on one last hard run before the race, a hill program on the treadmill.


SUMMARY: MAY 4-10, 2009.


I ran 50 miles this week, mileage wasn't too high as I added more quality runs, which were hills on Wednesday and intervals on Friday. I'll continue to keep a weekly 15 miler as a Long Run throughout the rest of this season. My running streak continues!

I accomplished three weight sessions last week! The reduced mileage gives me enough energy to lift weights after work. I'll undoubtedly start base building on the treadmill in July when I plan to increase my mileage higher than last year's mileage.

I'm currently 177 pounds on a six foot frame and my goal is to reach my racing weight of 170 pounds and maintain it for the year. I've been eating more plant protein and almost totally eliminated animal protein (I sometimes have grilled chicken on a salad).

I've slept soundly for 7-8 hours last week and my morning heart rates were good, 39-42 bpm.

A short recap of last weeks training:
Monday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 5 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Wednesday: Hill Program (treadmill) 6 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 5 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Friday: Intervals (treadmill) 6 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 5 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Sunday: Long Run, 15 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 50 miles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will enjoy the group running. It is always cool for me to meet other runners and compare notes. Wow, 50 miles in a week is a lot. You sounds like you are having a very good plan. For a reason, I am more into protein than carbs. Good Luck with the upcoming race.