Daily Quote: "THE HUMAN BODY CAN BE TRAINED TO WITHSTAND SEVERE INSULTS" --Eachempati
Awoke early this morning as to accomplish a comfortable general aerobic run before heading out to Boulder City for the art fair with my wife.
7:30 a.m. General Aerobic Run. 8 miles. Time, 1:18. Overall pace, 9:45 minute per mile. Out and back on Lindell Road that parallels the Las Vegas Marathon Route. Warm, Partly Cloudy, 67 degrees with wind south at 12 mph. Average heart rate, 144 bpm. Cardiac drift, 156 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm) I was surprised how high my cardiac drift was considering how slow and easy my run...maybe medication has something to do with it and/or my body is still recovering from the jaw surgery. My morning wakeup heart rate was fairly normal, 41 bpm. Body is still on medication, therefore didn't feel any discomfort, pain, or soreness during or after my run.
Tonight is the last night of the Bishop Gorman Bowling League and appears our team, "The One Wonders," will finish in sixth place. It'll be nice to have Sunday nights off from bowling for the next couple of weeks.
SUMMARY: APRIL 27 - MAY 1, 2009
Last week ran only six days for a total of 37 miles, which is my lowest weekly mileage this year. Ended my running streak that started on February 14th and ended on Thursday, April 30th, due to dental surgery. I'm currently in maintenance mode and have no running goals currently; I'm now searching for another running adventure. I only have two more months of good weather before summer and being forced back on the treadmill. It feels very odd not having any immediate running plans, which I hope to solve this coming week. I'm currently leaning towards running 5k's and 10's for the rest of the spring season. Time to search the local race calendars.
I've returned to lifting weights, but only accomplished two weight circuit training sessions. I plan on doing three weight circuit sessions next week.
I've gained a pound and currently weigh 178 pounds on a six foot frame. Weekends are my weakness when I dine out with the wife. I've been eating less animal protein and focusing more on plant proteins. I haven't gone totally vegetarian as I've been eating meat more as a garnish than a meal.
I've been in pain Monday through Wednesday nights due to my sore and infected jaw, which resulted in removing a wisdom tooth and repairing my jaw on Thursday morning. My sleep was fitful and slept fleetingly throughout the week. My morning heart rates were high for me, 47-52 bpm, as my body was struggling with the infection and lack of sound sleep. I hope to return to sound sleep this coming week and having my body return to normal.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Before work, Easy Run, 6 miles. After work, weight circuit training.
Tuesday: Speedwork, Intervals. 5 miles.
Wednesday: Before work, Recovery Run, 6 miles. After work, weight circuit training.
Thursday: Rest Day. Dental Surgery.
Friday: Easy Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: Easy Run, 6 miles.
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 37 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment